Get The Best Tiles For Your Kitchen And Bathroom Remodel At DecorEdge
If you’re considering renovating your kitchen and bathroom flooring, you’ll notice that tiles are a natural choice as they are durable against the conditions of these most-used spaces. Tiles are practical flooring options as they are known for their water and stain-resistant qualities. Moreover, they are available in a variety of styles and are generally affordable irrespective of your budget.
That said, numerous tiling options are flooding the market today, and each kind has a unique set of features to meet diverse household needs. Bathroom and kitchen tiles are produced from a surprising number of materials like porcelain, stone, vinyl, and even glass. To understand which of these will suit your needs when remodeling, it is vital to know your options.
DecorEdge specializes in the art of interior design and has worked with several tiling materials for bathrooms and kitchens. Based on our personal experiences, we have listed some of the best tiling materials for your common areas and how they fare under different conditions.
1. Porcelain tiles: These tiles are made from a clay and sand mixture that is heated and put under pressure. This procedure creates hard and dense tiles that can withstand high traffic and the effects of any climate.
2. Ceramic tiles: These tiles are also made from a clay mixture, but they are softer in comparison to porcelain tiles. Their soft composition makes it easy to cut and install them. A glaze over ceramic tiles helps strengthen them and creates a wear-resistant surface. The glaze is used to give these tiles their color too.
3. Glass tiles: These tiles come in a thin layer of glass, which creates the illusion of depth. Tinted glass tiles produce a stained glass effect. However, with glass tiles, the number one concern is their slippery surface. To prevent slipping over these tiles, choose textured glass tiles. Even small glass tiles with multiple grout joints offer slip-resistance.
4. Stone tiles: These tiles are produced from natural stone like granite, marble, slate, and limestone. Tiles made from stone are usually porous and must be refinished with a quality stone sealer to enhance their finish and durability. These tiles can be polished or honed to let their natural beauty stand out. However, note that polished stone tends to get slippery when wet. On the other hand, honed stone offers more protection, but can be challenging to clean.
5. Vinyl tiles: These are a popular choice in the bathroom as they are a practical and affordable option. They outdo other tile options in terms of safety, durability, and even comfort. They come in a variety of patterns, colors, and are very easy to install.
To get the best tiles for your kitchen or bathroom remodeling project, reach out to DecorEdge. We excel in home remodeling and renovation services in Mississauga, ON. With our guidance, you can turn your home renovation dreams into a reality and create more value for your home. We offer excellent service on home remodeling projects, and finish on time and within budget with superior quality workmanship.
Apart from quality services, we provide some of the best rates for kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects. Our prices include refurbished designs, drawings, raw materials, fixtures, demolition costs, and construction labor. At the same time, we are committed to delivering 100% satisfaction, meeting your preferences, and staying within budget.
We offer free in-home consultations for kitchen remodeling and bathroom renovation to get to know your rooms and give you the liberty to test our services. To book a free consult with us today, give us a call at (647) 406-3456.
Besides showing you what would look good inside your house, we also explain what will not work within your home. For example, flooring materials that are not related to kitchen or bathroom remodeling. While these products may look beautiful, there is a reason why they should not be used in the bathroom or kitchen. We ensure you understand this and do our best to incorporate your ideas into the renovation plan.